This website is operated by Fidelity Works Ltd, which trades as both BFWG Grants and True Blue Loans, at the registered address given on the ‘About Us’ page of the website. (“We”, “Us”, “Our”)
The brand BFWG Grants and the website www.bfwggrants.org.uk are both fully owned and maintained by Fidelity Works Ltd. When you complete the application form on this site the data and your application will then be processed under the True Blue Loans brand which is also owned and managed by Fidelity Works Ltd.
The user of the website will hereafter be referred to as “You” or “Your”.
Your attention is particularly drawn the consent you are giving us to search the files of one or more Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) and Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPAs) if you proceed with the application.
Accuracy Of Data When Completing An Application
If you decided to apply for a loan on this website you confirm that the information that you supply is true, accurate and complete. You must only input data related to you and where financial data is inputted this must, unless requested otherwise, relate to your income and the part of your monthly expenditure that you are responsible for*. By submitting the application you thereby confirm that ALL amounts entered in the income and expenditure section of the application form are true and accurate and give a fair representation of your financial situation.
* For example if your month rent is £500 but you pay £350 and your partner pays the remaining £150 then you should only include the £350. If on the other hand you pay ALL of the utilities then you must include the total of these.
Validating Debit Cards
As part of the application process we will make two 'pre-auth' attempts on the debit card you supply in order to validate it. These attempts will be for amounts not exceeding £1.00 each. During a pre-auth no funds are actually debited from your account but a 'reserve' is placed on them. As we never request the funds be collected this reserve will simply expire, normally after 3 - 5 working days with most banks, although some may be longer. After this period the funds will be available to you again. You will not be able to withdraw these funds nor spend them on your debit card during the period they are reserved. By continuing with the application you agree to these pre-auth attempts being made.
Use of Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) and Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPAs)
Access to our website
We will endeavour to ensure that this website is available for use at all times. We do however reserve all rights to withdraw the website, any part of it, or any service offered by it at any time without warning. We will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience experienced by you as a result of this.
Our “Customer Area”
We provide a customer area on our site so that you can view details about your loan as well as apply for a new loan with us. From time to time we may add or withdraw additional functionality from this area without warning.
When you are granted access to this area you agree to protect your log-in credentials and not share these with anyone else or leave them where someone can get access to them. We will not be responsible for any actions, including the disclosure of your personal data, where such access has been gained whole or partly by your own negligence.
While we endeavour to ensure that the information contained in the customer area is an up to date reflection of your loan account, where there are discrepancies between this and the data held in our Loan Management System and in the Loan Agreement, these will be relied on as the definitive source of information.
Neither the information, nor any opinion contained in our website constitutes an offer to sell or solicitation or an offer to buy any financial instruments or any advice or recommendation with respect to such financial instruments.
Our optional brokerage service
As a Direct Lender we hope that we will be able to provide you with the loan that you require ourselves using our own money, however due to our lending criteria and your circumstances this is not always possible. We know that it will take you time to fill in our application form and therefore, if we cannot lend ourselves, would like to ensure that your time was not wasted. You applied to us as you needed a loan and therefore, even though we are unable to lend ourselves we may be able to find you a financial solution using our broker service.
If you tick the box on the application form to opt in to this service you will give your approval and consent to the following:
2. If we are unable to approve your application the application will be passed to a single authorised and regulated credit broker that we have a contractual relationship with. They will use their sophisticated systems to search their database of lenders, brokers and other financial service providers to try to find one that will be able to consider your application further. You further give your consent that one or more of these organisations may search the files of one or more Credit Reference Agency or Fraud Prevention Agency to aid them in their assessment of whether they feel they will be able to consider your application further.
3. If successful, you will then be transferred to their website where you will complete the application process and hopefully be approved for their product.
4. If you are transferred to another organisation you will be under no obligation to continue with them. If you do not like what you are offered simply close your browser. If you do decide to continue with them PLEASE ensure that you carefully read all of their terms and conditions. Just because we are introducing a product/organisation to you, we are making NO recommendation that their product meets all of your demands and needs, this is something you need to decide.
5. When we pass your details on to a 3rd party, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES do we pass your Debit Card Number to any 3rd party. The only way that the 3rd party can use your card is if you re-enter these details into their site.
6. If, following our search, we are unable to find another organisation that is prepared to consider your application we will advise you of this. As we are under no contractual obligation to find you an alternative product or service, we would not be in breach of such obligation if we are unable to do so.
7. Finally what do we charge for this service? The simple, and honest answer is that we do not charge you anything for providing this service. We do however receive a commission payment from the company that we pass your application onto. This is a variable amount which we will not know at the time we pass your details on and which is decided by the 3rd party.
Use of website
You are prohibited from using this website to post or transmit any material that is inaccurate (where such material states a fact), unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, offensive, inflammatory, pornographic, discriminatory, profane or liable to incite racial hatred, any material that infringes the rights of any third party (including but not limited to any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right) or any material that could constitute or encourage unlawful conduct or for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals. While we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our website, we may, from time to time, review material transmitted or posted using this website and reserve the right to delete any material that does not comply with these Terms & Conditions of use or which we deem inappropriate for any reason, at our sole discretion.
When you access or use our website, you must not upload or send material that is technically harmful (including without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data) and you agree not to misuse the website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
The services and products that we provide on the website are intended for UK residents over the age of 18 only, and information contained on the website does not amount to an invitation to customers who are under 18 or who are outside of the UK to buy any services or products. All transactions for the supply of services concluded through our website or as a result of visits made by you to the website are governed by our Terms & Conditions of use.
Online Dispute Resolution (ODR)
From the 15th February 2016 all companies that trade online have to inform their customers about the new ODR platform and that this can be used in the event that you have a dispute with the product or service they supply.
This is a European initiative that allows a customer to submit a dispute about a company online.
As a company regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Fidelity Works Ltd is already obliged to use the Financial Ombudsman Service to provide an Alternate Dispute Resolution to customers. Additionally we have our own ‘Internal Complaints Handling Process’ which we use to investigate and attempt to resolve complaints. See the Complaints Policy on our website for more details.
The following is a link to the ODR Website - http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
Whichever way you make your complaint, we will always be given the opportunity to try to resolve the matter ourselves before you are given the referral rights to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you remain unhappy. You may decide therefore that you would prefer to come to us first. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or use one of the other contact methods detailed in our complaint policy, which also provides information on how we will deal with any complaint received.
The time limits for investigating your complaint under the FCA regulations will only start when we have received notification if your complaint.
Refund & Fulfilment Policy
When a loan is made the funds are transferred to you before any monies are collected from your payment card.
In light of this refunds should not normally be required.
If however any monies are taken in error they will be refunded immediately once we become aware of the error. Refunds may take up 3 days to be credited to your account. This is processing time taken by the card processors and your bank/card company and is outside our control.
If you exercise you right to withdraw from the agreement (as detailed in the loan agreement) you will return the loan to us with accrued interest. No monies will have been collected by us at this stage so no refund by us will be necessary.
Promotion (Promo) Codes Terms & Conditions
1. All Promo Codes and Promo Code Terms and Conditions are independent of the Loan Agreement for which you still have the responsibility of fulfilling in full. Where a Promo Code is used (and all terms satisfied) Fidelity Works Ltd will make a payment towards your loan account as per the terms of the Promo Code. All figures and rates within any Loan Agreement or associated document are written as if there were no Promo Code.
2. All Promo Codes must be entered at the time of the application of the respective loan and cannot be applied retrospectively. Fidelity Works Ltd cannot be responsible if an incorrect Promo Code is entered.
3. Promo Codes will only be accepted providing the application is made during the validity period of the Promo Code and providing all pre-requisites of that code are met.
4. If a Promo Code is for 'Existing Customers', eligibility will require that at least 1 loan is funded and repaid.
5. If a Promo Code is for 'New Customers', eligibility will require that no previous loan has been funded.
6. The entry of a Promo code does not imply that the loan will be approved as all loans will be subject to our standard underwriting process.
7. Unless specifically stated, a customer may only use an individual Promo Code once.
8. Final Payment Promo Codes
a. With these codes Fidelity Works Ltd will pay a percentage of your final loan repayment, hereafter referred to as the Discount Percent.
b. Payment will only be made if the following conditions are met:
i. The loan must run for the full period of the loan agreement.
ii. The loan repayments must be up to date (as detailed in the Loan Agreement) by 20:00hrs on the day immediate preceding the final repayment date in the agreement, with all amounts falling due (including any additional interest and charges) at that time being paid.
iii. The Discount Percent will be applied to the lowerof the Outstanding Balance on the final repayment date OR the value of the final repayment as shown in the Loan Agreement.
iv. Fidelity Works Ltd will ONLY make the payment of the Discount Percent to your Loan account following your successful payment.
v. Normally on the repayment date Fidelity Works Ltd will attempt to collect from your debit card the final repayment amount less the value of the Discount Percent. We do however reserve the right to collect the total owed in accordance with the Loan Agreement from your debit card and then refund the Discount Percentage to that card within 10 working days.
vi. This Promo Code is only valid on the date of the final repayment of the Loan Agreement. If payment is not successfully made on that day the Promo Code will be void and you will be required to make full repayment under the loan agreement.
Messages sent over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure as they are subject to possible interception or loss or possible alteration. We are not responsible for any message lost, intercepted or altered by third parties and will not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages or otherwise in connection with any message sent or received over the Internet
We have no control over or endorse any of the websites linked to this website and are not responsible for the content, accuracy, security or reliability of any websites or pages linked to this website. Your linking to any websites from this website is at your own risk and we shall not be responsible or liable for any damages resulting from or in connection with such links or websites. You are not entitled (nor will you assist others) to set up links from other websites to this website (whether by hypertext linking, deep-linking, framing, toggling or otherwise) without our prior written consent, which we may grant, withhold and withdraw at our absolute discretion.
Your use of this website and material from this website is at your own risk. We will try to ensure that the information on the website is correct and up-to-date but we make no warranties or representations about the accuracy and completeness of the content on the website. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or anyone that may be informed of its contents.
This website and the material provided on it are provided "as is" without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us provide you with access to this Website on the basis that we exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
We and third parties connected to us exclude all liability and responsibility for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect loss or damage incurred by you or any other user arising out of access to, use of, or inability to use this Website, any material from this Website or any websites linked to it or arising out of any communications sent to us over the internet, including without limitation, any liability for loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of good will; wasted management or office time; loss or damage due to viruses that may affect your computer equipment; software or data; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence (as such term is defined under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977), nor our liability for the tort of deceit or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We reserve the right to revise these Terms & Conditions of use at any time by amending this page. You are bound by any changes, deletions or additions we have made and you should check this page from time to time to take notice of any such amendments. Your continued use of the Website, following any changes to these Terms & Conditions of use, will mean you accept these changes.
If any part of these Terms & Conditions of use is found to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, that part shall be deemed severed from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Jurisdiction and Governing law
These Terms & Conditions of use are governed by English Law. These Terms and Conditions of use, and the prior information, are in English. We undertake to communicate with you in English.
If we decided to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions we will do so through the English Courts. If you decide to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions and reside in the United Kingdom but a country other than England you may choose, at your discretion, to use the Courts in your own country of residence to commence the proceedings.